Career Opportunities at Carville
Job Title: Estimator / Technical Sales – Manufacturing
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Carville is a well-established contract manufacturer and renowned experts in precision machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications.
We are looking for someone with a technical background in either engineering or manufacturing who can operate in a commercial role to estimate new jobs and act as a sales engineer interfacing with clients. In your estimator capacity, you will interpret the clients’ requirements from specifications and drawings and use software and internal support personnel to build up an estimated cost and price proposal for the jobs. This will include liaising with suppliers for materials and sub-contract costs. As a technical sales representative you will deal with client’s technical questions with support from the company’s manufacturing engineers, promote the business, and follow up on enquiries to maximise the new business opportunities. You may also be required to represent the company at exhibitions in the UK and abroad.
The core manufacturing operations are CNC Milling, Turning, Bonding and fabrication of complex plastic components.
Training will be provided as required.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Apprenticeship or technical qualification such as an HNC/HND, City & Guilds, A Levels or Degree
- Some manufacturing experience or good knowledge of machining processes
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Good commercial acumen
- Customer focused attitude and some experience dealing directly with clients
- Strong Microsoft office skills including Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Some practical, hands-on engineering experience
Nice to have Skills
- Experience with CNC machining
- Manufacturing estimating
- Use of estimating software
- Use of MRP/ERP systems and software
- Specific plastics experience
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com