Career Opportunities at Carville
Posted 17th September 2019
Job Title: CNC Setter / Operator – Full Time
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Location: Dorking, Surrey, UK (Candidates must currently be UK based within commuting distance of this location to be considered)
Salary: Competitive dependant on capability & experience. Opportunity for overtime and nighshift work.
This well established manufacturer in Surrey, UK are renowned experts in machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics, especially Acrylic. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components. They are currently going through a strong growth period and need a number of additional, experienced CNC Setters / Operators to help support this.
We are looking for skilled CNC Millers able to set up complex, high precision parts machining. The person needs to be able to work on their own but also play a team role in handing over machines for operators to run and ensure that components are manufactured to the drawing and within tolerance. The setter must also be able to multitask across a number of machines and be proactive to ensure components meet quality requirements, working closely we QA.
The position is suitable for someone with a significant track record in CNC milling complex parts, ideally with some experience of plastics. They will be used to supporting others and taking responsibility for the quality of work.
- Setting multiple CNC Milling machines (eg Dugard and Brother VMCs)
- Liaise with Works Supervisor on timescales and priorities
- Carry out work running individual complex jobs as required
- Ensure consistent quality of parts produced
- Be proactive in ensuring work has all necessary tooling to avoid downtime
- Reviewing and improving the way jobs are tooled and run
- Ensure all work and raw materials in your area are correctly identified with the relevant paperwork
- Work with QA personnel on addressing any issues and supporting continuous improvement actions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years CNC machining experience
- Apprenticeship or technical qualification such as an HNC/HND or City & Guilds
- Full knowledge of Fanuc and/or Siemens controls
- Setting up fixtures, tooling and programmes
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Very good eye for detail
Nice to have:
- CNC Turning experience
- Experience working with transparent plastics
- CMM and other Quality assurance systems
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Posted 2nd September 2019
Job Title: Manufacturing Quality Engineer – Full Time
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Location: Station Road, Dorking Surrey, RH4 1HQ
Salary: Depending on experience
This role is a key addition to Carville’s quality team to ensure continuous improvement in quality and manufacturing related processes. You will lead continuous improvement activities including identifying areas, creating action plans and ensuring implementation and checking. You will lead the initiatives to resolve any internal or client related product or process issues including working with suppliers as required. You will also be required, from time to time, to support the quality inspection team on specific tasks. You will have use of the latest quality analysis tools including CMM systems, digital optical measuring tools and SPC software (training can be provided as required in these areas).
The position is suitable for someone with quality engineering training and experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably CNC machining, molding or complex assembly. You will be familiar using quality engineering tools and processes including NCRs, root cause analysis, SPC and capability studies. You will have a solid understanding of mechanical engineering, including the ability to read complex 2D technical drawings. You will have a keen eye for detail, be data driven and have tenacity to plan, execute and conduct thorough root cause analysis. There are opportunities to progress into more senior roles for suitable candidates if desired.
- Assess weaknesses and opportunities in current quality and manufacturing process, then lead continuous improvement activities to address these.
- Raise Non-Conformance Reports for any client related product issues, and follow the process, including root cause analysis/8D/5Why through to full resolution, including liaison with the client.
- Work with the production and quality teams to address any internal quality issues, including raising internal NCRs as required and leading the process to a sustainable solution.
- Support trouble-shooting on manufacturing quality related issues.
- Support adherence to the Quality Management System, including recommending and leading improvements and updates.
- Generate First Article inspection reports and resolve any questions related to these.
- Conduct occasional internal audits.
- Help with the development of new testing regimes and equipment for specific products.
- Documenting results in the MRP system including generating reports
- Support with the inspecting of first-off, in process, returned parts or incoming goods as required.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a technical/engineering based subject
- Quality engineering training and proven use of quality engineering tools
- Operating in a manufacturing environment
- Proactive approach to quality related issues and problem resolution
- Ability to read 2 dimensional technical drawings
- Proficient Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Close attention and a good eye for detail
- Confidence in decision making
- Methodical approach
Nice to have:
- Auditing experience
- CMM programming or general use experience
- Supervisory or management experience
- Any basic CAD skills
- CNC turning or milling experience
If interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org