Career Opportunities at Carville
Job Title: CNC Miller Setter/Operator – Nights
Reporting to: CNC Shop Floor Manager
Location: Dorking, Surrey, UK
Hours: 40 hours per week, Mondays to Thursdays 4pm to 2am.
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience.
Carville are renowned experts in machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics, especially Acrylic. Long established since 1928, Carville supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices, diagnostics equipment and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
We are looking for a skilled CNC Miller who can, set up and run Fanuc and Siemens 3 axis controls on vertical and horizontal machining centres to create high precision parts. You will be required to multitask across several machines and ensure components are manufactured to drawing and within tolerance, working closely with the QA department. Specific training can be provided on individual machines as required.
This position is suitable for someone with a significant record of accomplishment in CNC milling complex parts, ideally with some experience of plastics. They will be used to working within a team and taking responsibility for the quality of work.
- Setting and running multiple vertical and horizontal machining centres
- Provide Updates to Shop Floor Manager on progress, timescales and priorities
- Ensure consistent quality of parts produced
- Reviewing and improving the way jobs are tooled and run
- Work with QA personnel on addressing issues, supporting continuous improvement actions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years CNC machining experience
- Apprenticeship or technical engineering qualification to level 3
- Setting fixtures and tooling
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Very good eye for detail
Nice to have Experience:
- Experience with Nikken 4th Axis Modules on Fanuc Controls.
Please send your CV to: email@example.com