Job Title: Head of Quality/Quality Manager – Manufacturing
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Depending on experience
You will be leading the QA function and team, defining the future QA strategy and approach for the company products and processes. You will be an active part of the senior management team, helping to set direction, lead continuous improvement initiatives, tackle shop floor process issues and take a leading role in the Health and Safety strategy.
This is also a hands-on role responsible for the QMS, investigation of issues, successful CAPA implementation and making important judgement decisions. You will be responsible for driving quality initiatives onto the shop floor to ensure continuous improvements. You will be liaising directly with clients to support queries and any issues to ensure action is taken in the company to resolve these. You will manage the quality team to optimise inspection regimes, support training, efficient use of the equipment and adherence to the processes.
A contract manufacturing company, specialising in high precision machined parts.
The position is suitable for someone with a strong background in manufacturing quality with management experience, either currently in a similar, senior role or as a mid-level manager with the ambition and skills to step up to the next level. The person will be a key representative of the company, so needs to have strong, customer focused, and interpersonal skills.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Technical education background Degree/HNC/HND
- ISO 9001 QMS management experience
- CAPA, SPC, 8D or 5Why, FAIR or PPAP
- Proven track record in a quality leadership role in manufacturing
- Direct inspection experience and use of tools
- Leadership and decision making qualities
- Man management and team leading experience
- Customer focused approach
- High attention to detail
- Proficient Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Hands on approach
- Positive, problem solving attitude.
Nice to have Experience:
- Lean manufacturing
- Health and Safety leadership
- CMM experience
- Direct CNC turning or milling experience or exposure